Build Your World
School of Hospitality
Dr. Hemant Kumar Singh
Designation – Dean
Department – School of Hospitality
Qualification – DHMCT, B.Com. MBA, UGC-NET, Ph.D
Email – [email protected]
Restaurant & Bar Management, Hospitality Management, Alcoholic Beverages
Research papers published in national & International journals including Scopus, WoS
Choose to be A Five star expert in Hospitality domain
The opportunity of the hospitality industry includes a variety of businesses that provide services and facilities such as accommodation, food and beverage, entertainment, sports and related products. The term “hospitality” is believed to be a generic word, which defines the well-being of services and facilities related to tourists and travellers. The hospitality industry consists of broad category of fields within the service industry that include lodging, restaurants, transport (like airlines, cruise line) event planning, amusement parks, and additional fields within the tourism industry. The hospitality industry is a billion dollar industry that mostly depends on the availability of leisure time and disposable income. A hospitality unit such as a restaurant, hotel, or even an amusement park consists of multiple groups such as facility maintenance, direct operations (servers, housekeepers, porters, kitchen workers, bartenders, etc.), management, marketing and human resources.
For more than a decade, JECRC University has been offering globally recognised degrees. Our reputation is backed by a rich, ongoing connection with world-leading five-star hotels. Offering a collaborative and innovative learning environment, we prepare students for opportunities in hospitality industry all over the world.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused an unprecedented level of disruption to the global hotel industry. Even as the world is beginning to take its first tentative steps out of this crisis, hoteliers face challenges and this is exactly what we are preparing the students for, to be the solution of these challenges.
Learn from the most passionate and skilled leaders in the industry.
No.1 Hotel Management School in Rajasthan
Learn from the best at JECRC and get a globally recognised qualification rated in 10 best hotel management institutes in India in 2021. (Published under the knowledge review 2021)
Learn in a simulated hotel environment
Undergo an immersive, practical learning experience in our simulated hotel labs in the campus.
Creating tomorrow’s leaders in global hospitality
When you join JECRC, you join a global community. We boast campus facilities and practical labs as the best in class facilities. We blend a traditional model of international hospitality education with hands-on learning, exciting internships, insightful industry visits and cutting-edge hospitality knowledge.
Experience the best of student life on our beautiful green ecofriendly campus.
Most Disciplined Environment
Discipline is in culture of JECRC. The industry demands proper groomed, humble, and skilled manpower. We prepare our students with all required standards, well in advance. Therefore the Industry prefers to hire students from our university. As a result our students get the job placement in top hotel brands. The sole aim of JECRC is to bridge the skill gap for skilled employees industry and also to fulfil the dreams of young aspirants.
About the Department
The objective is to recognize and prepare students to join the hotel and hospitality industry. The 3-year/4-year professional degree programme is designed to develop abilities in both the operational domain of a hotel, initiate hospitality research and the overall discipline of management. The academics of hotel management focuses on the core aspects of hospitality with equal importance on applied research and management subjects for overall development. The programme includes six months of internship opportunities in both operational and managerial fields. Faculty of Hospitality and Hotel Management has world class physical infrastructure and labs. There is ultra modern, professional & well equipped multiple Kitchen labs and a restaurant with formal setting. Front Office Lab and a House Keeping Lab are especially designed to provide proper training and formal industrial environment to our students.
Unique feature of Department
- Modern state of the art Infrastructure in the form of laboratories and equipments.
- Events and Activities – Students have initiated professional level bakery shop by the name of Budding Bakers.
- Guest Lectures of prominent Industry stalwarts to share the latest trends in the hospitality industry with the students.
- Regular Field trips and Industry Visit.
- It has the location advantage of Jaipur which makes it a unique destination for hospitality and tourism education in India.
We have a strong industry Connect to facilitate students in training and placements. Our students are doing training from best of the brands, like – TAJ, OBEROI, MARRIOTT, ACCOR, CARLSON, and HILTON ETC.
Training and Placement Achievements
Internship programme is 24 weeks in the major departments of hotel like Front Office, Food Beverage Service, Food Production and Housekeeping. Our Students were placed as interns in Top Hospitality Brands like Taj, Oberoi, Hilton, Marriott and ITC Hotels.
Career Opportunities in Hospitality and Hotel Management Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable openings. The graduating Students can look forward to career opportunities in Hotel, Hospitality and allied sectors like:
- The department has been recognized in 10 most Leading Institutes in Hospitality Management (Published under the knowledge review 2021)
- Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial stint as trainee Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services Indian Navy Hospitality services
- Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors
- Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food outlets and chains
- Hospital and Institutional Catering
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes Shipping and Cruise lines
- Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors
- Railway Hospitality and Catering Services State Tourism Development Corporations Resort Management
Self-employment through entrepreneurship and Multinational companies for their hospitality services
Department of Hospitality
B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Management – 3 Year
BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology) – 4 Year
Attachment: B.Sc. (HHM) Syllabus
Attachment: BHMCT SYLLABUS
Program Outcome (PO’s)
A graduate of Hospitality and Hotel Management Program will demonstrate:
PO1: Performs work activities effectively and efficiently to the standards expected in the operation required in the tourism industry/hospitality sectors.
PO2: Undertakes task, functions, duties and activities in the operation of the hotels, restaurants, travel, government and non-government agencies in accordance with the competency standards.
PO3: Analyses situation, identifies problems, formulates solutions and implements corrective and/or mitigating measures and action management into foodservice and lodging operations.
PO4. Demonstrate the ability to develop, examine, question, and explore perspectives or alternatives to problems in hospitality operations.
PO5: Demonstrate the ability to use professional written and oral communication skills and technology to successfully communicate.
PO6: Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to live and work in a diverse world.
PO7: Practice professional ethics, provide leadership, demonstrate personal and global responsibility, and work effectively as a team member.
The student outcomes are:
- Utilize interpersonal skills to lead/manage first-level employees in a hospitality setting.
- Perform cost calculations and apply them to decision-making situations.
- Evaluate food safety and sanitation to maintain a safe and sanitary work environment. Create an attractive and well-designed menu with consideration given to effective costing and pricing principles.
- Complete and evaluate the data generated from a hotel night audit.
- Develop a professional marketing brochure for a lodging operation.
- Forecast sales and expenses in a variety of hospitality businesses.
- Create a resume and cover letter that effectively highlight skills sought by potential employers.
- Achieve national certification as a Serve Safe Food Protection Manager.
- Schedule employees with consideration given to budgets, sales forecasts, and customary labour practices.
Program educational objective
BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
Program Educational Objective (PEO’s):
A graduate of the Hotel Management Program should:
- To train and develop students to be leaders in hotel and food and beverage management through industry immersion and national and international linkages;
- To intensify student`s knowledge and skills with instruction based on international standards;
- To produce quality graduates with balanced knowledge, skills and industry exposure in catering, hotel and management;
- To demonstrate community involvement
- To conduct researches concerning hotel and restaurant development program.
- Sharma, M. (2008). Lück, M.: Encyclopaedia of Tourism and Recreation in Marine Environments, CABI, Wallingford, UK.
- Sharma, M. (2006). Hospitality Trends and Technology: Study of selective hotels across the continents, Atna,Journal of Tourism Studies, Vol 1
- Sharma, M. (2005).Concierge, the first and last service for the hotel guests, in Express Hotelier and Caterer, Feb.05, edition: Service Operations
- Sharma, M. (2003), Concept of Halal in Express Hotelier and Caterer. August 4th Edition: Inside Kitchen.
- Sharma, M. (2000), The Soft Drink Market & its existing Competitiveness in Nagpur city. Pepsi Foods Ltd, Nagpur, India.
- Sharma, M. (2000), Natural Resources of Bundelkhand, inBundelkhand-The land of Bundelas.Bundelkhand University, India.
- Sharma, M. (2008). Health Tourism in Asia Pacific, CAUTHE, 2008.
- Sharma, M. (2007). Spiritual Tourism; Case of Kumbh Mela, IEMC, Budapest, 2007
- Sharma, M. (2007). Career Growth of Female Hospitality Managers, International Conference for Women Empowerment, Bundelkhand University, 2007
- Gastronomy Conference, Malaysia, 2006
- Sharma, M. (2006).The Hospitality and Tourism Education: A Review of Skill Training Issues, CAUTHE, 2006.
- Sharma, M. (2005).Absenteeism, causes and effects in Industry, Hotel Plan, Belgrade, 2005
- Sharma, M. (2002). Cultural Tourism Geography of Bundelkhand Region, International Conference on Tourism Development, Community & Conservation: Shaping eco-tourism for the third millennium, Mar 2002.
- Sharma, M. (2002). Convenience Foods and its Effects, National Seminar on Food Technology, Apr, 2002.
- Sharma, M. (2002). World’s Most Staple Food, National Seminar on Food Technology, Apr, 2002.
- Sharma, M. (2000).Environmental Pollution & its impact on hospitality industry, National Seminar on Indian Tourism 2001 & Beyond, Nov. 2000
- Sharma, M. (2000). Human Resource Development & its role in the Hospitality Industry, National Seminar on Indian Tourism 2001 & Beyond, Nov. 2000
- Sharma, M. (2006). Measuring Advertising Effectiveness-Case of Burj Al Arab, Second International Tourism and Media (ITAM) Conference, Melbourne, 2006
As part of hospitality consulting, we cater on creating high performing hotels through unique hospitality experiences and delivering high quality and personal customer service. We leverage this and the unique character of independent hotels to achieve a high guest satisfaction.
Our team of hospitality experts have extensive international hospitality experience, covering a wide range of areas and services to help achieve sound financial results and returns with hotel investment.
Areas of expertise
- Hospitality Operations including food and beverage trends, food styling, menus, tasting trials
- Hospitality Sales & Marketing, Revenue Management, Finance & Cost Control
- Hospitality Asset Management, Pre-Opening Management, Branding & Positioning
- Hospitality Concept Development, cloud kitchens, casual and fine dining
School of Hospitality offering the following mentioned below programme:-
Do you have more questions?
Plot No.IS-2036 to 2039, Ramchandrapura Industrial Area, Vidhani, Sitapura Extension, Jaipur – 303905 Rajasthan, India
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.