Hostels are provided by the University for the Convenience of students. In order to ensure proper utilization of the hostels and to maintain the facilities for comfortable and orderly life for the students in the hostels, there is need to lay down rules and regulations for the hostels. This document lays down these rules and will be called “Rules and Regulations for JECRCU HOSTELS”. Separate hostels will be maintained for boys and girls. The mess and dining facilities may be common. All students will adhere to these rules.
Rules for Admission:-
1. The allotment of rooms will be made by the Dy Director Hostels/Chief Warden based on the applications submitted by the candidates.
2. Admission and continued stay in the hostel will depend on academic performance, good behavior and conduct of the student.
3. The students shall stay in the allotted rooms. Change in rooms will be allowed only with the prior permission of Dy Director Hostels/Chief Warden.
4. The hostellers with chronic medical problems may be asked to vacate the rooms as personal medical care by parent / guardian may be necessary.
5. If a student is expelled / suspended from the University/Hostel for any Reason he / she shall immediately vacate the hostel on the day of expulsion / suspension from the University/Hostel. His / her continuance in the hostel will be treated as unauthorized occupation.
6. The hostellers themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. They are not to keep too much of cash or valuables like gold, costly wristwatches etc., in their rooms. They should also take care of their purse, calculators, mobile, Lap Tops and books. In case of theft or loss of any items, it should be reported to authorities. The hostellers are advised to keep their rooms, boxes, suitcases, cupboards, etc., securely locked with good quality locks.
7. Continuation of stay of a student in the hostel is subject to the discretion of the Hostel administration.
8. Hostel will be allotted for minimum two semesters or one year.
II. Hostel Rules & Regulations:-
1. All movements from and to the hostels shall be recorded in the movement register kept with hostel Warden in the hostel and should be properly signed by the Hostellers.
2. There will be daily attendance in the hostel. The timing for attendance is 10:00 pm every day. All Hostelers are required to be present in their rooms compulsorily.
3. The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the University / Hostel authorities to ensure that they are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items like liquor, drugs, lethal weapons etc., are kept in the rooms. Possession of any lethal weapons or any instrument or in contrivance with anybody else which is likely to cause physical harm to others, is strictly prohibited.
4. Wards shall maintain SILENCE in the hostel premises including rooms, bathrooms, corridors and common areas etc. Wards shall not cause inconvenience, annoyance or disturbance to others.
5. The hostellers shall not enter into any unnecessary conversation, quarrel or altercation with the hostel staff. If anyone has any complaint against any employee of the hostel, a written complaint shall be lodged with the Dy. Director Hostels. Use of abusive, vulgar and un parliamentary language against the hostel/mess staff and others is strictly forbidden. Any complaint received from staff / faculty against students will be taken seriously.
6. If any hosteller is found indulging in any form of ragging i.e. instigation / intimidation / threat to any other hostellers he / she will be asked to vacate the hostel forthwith. In this regard, the decision of the Registrar shall be final and binding on the individual's concerned.
7. SMOKING is prohibited in the hostel buildings & University campus GAMBLING in any form such as playing cards (even without money at stake), consumption of ALCOHOL, use of DRUGS and NARCOTICS and possession of such things is prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will not only be asked to vacate the hostel but may also be rusticated from the University.
8. Day scholars are not allowed in the hostel. Hostellers should not encourage entry of day scholars.
9. Celebrating BIRTHDAYS and other parties inside the hostel rooms is strictly prohibited.
10. Students are not allowed to play CRICKET and other OUTDOOR games inside the hostels.
11. When leaving the rooms for attending classes Fans, electrical gadgets, lights etc, should be switched off. Windows should be closed securely.
12. Hostellers coming to the Hostel after the gate closing hours without prior permission or without valid reason will be fined. Regular late comers will not be allowed to stay in the hostel. Hostels main gates will be closed at 10:00pm (Boys) and 9:00pm (Girls).
13. Water should be carefully used and not wasted.
14. Wrong entry, improper / lack of entry in exit register, signing on behalf of another person, tampering with the entries, proxy attendance and misguidance of any nature are punishable. Any quarrel between or among roommates should be reported to the hostel Warden for appropriate action.
15. Absentees /Latecomers (without prior permission from the warden) will be liable for disciplinary action.
16. Students coming late or absenting themselves regularly will be expelled from the Hostel. Such students shall not be readmitted into the hostels.
17. Students are not allowed to keep any power driven two wheeler / four wheeler vehicles in the hostel campus without specific permission.
18. Use of Laptops: The usage of Lap Top is permitted for academic purpose only. The usage of electrical/ electronic/ personal routes/ any type of unauthorized equipments are strictly prohibited. The University / Hostel authorities will conduct surprise checks periodically and if anyone is found violating the above rule or surfing illegal sites, disciplinary action will be taken.
19. Students should visit the hostel office only during visiting hours. Students should read the circulars put up at all Notice Boards and be updated with the functioning of the hostel.
20. Violation of Hostel Rules would result in disciplinary action and serious violations would be referred to the "Disciplinary Committee" for major penalties. The decision of the committee would however be final.
21. Study Hours: Hostellers will not be allowed in their rooms during University/College classes timings. Information of absence from the class will be informed to parents and respective HoDs. Disciplinary action will be taken against such habitual Hostelers.
III. Rules for leave & Outing:-
1. Boys will be allowed an out pass from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm everyday. However on 3rd Saturday, University holidays and Sundays the out pass will be allowed from 8:00 am to 8:30 pm. On request, night out pass will be allowed only with prior permission of Dy. Director Hostels.
2. Girls will be allowed an out pass from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm everyday. On 3rd Saturday, University holidays and Sundays, Girls will be permitted to go out from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
3. Night out pass for all girls will be permitted on the request from the parents to visit local guardian only.
4. Proper record of night out pass will be maintained in the hostels.
5. Vacating of hostel will be permitted after on academic year (i.e. two semesters) only.
IV. Mess Rules:-
1. All the students staying in the hostel will take their meals in the University Mess.
2. The meal timings as displayed at the entrance of the dining hall shall be strictly adhered to. Meals will not be served outside the prescribed timings.
3. Students are required to carry their identity cards while going for meals failing which service in the dining hall is liable to be refused, for want of identification.
4. Dining hall furniture like chairs, tables, etc., and utensils are not to be taken out of the dining hall. If anyone is found taking these properties out, he / she will be suitably penalized.
5. The Mess kitchen is strictly "Out of Bounds" for the students / parents / guardians.
6. Sick persons will be allowed mess food in the room, only if the student registers his / her name with the hostel Warden.
7. The hostellers shall not waste food, electricity & water. Wastage of food is a national loss. If anyone is found indulging in such wastage, he / she will be asked to vacate the hostel, since wastage causes unnecessary and unavoidable expenditure to others.
V. Property Damage and Recovery:-
1. Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture / property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden.
2. The cost of damages will be recovered in the following manner:
a). If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost of damaged items will be recovered from him / her / group. Repetition of damage to the hostel property will result in expulsion from the hostel.
b). If damage is done in anyone of the rooms and the person(s) is / are not identified then double the cost will be recovered from the room-mates collectively.
c). If a damage is done outside the rooms i.e., in common places like corridors, recreation halls, mess etc., and the person (s) is / are not identified, then double the cost will be recovered, floor wise or block wise or from all students staying in that hostel, as the case may be.
d). Any individual who is found guilty of damaging the property will be fined cost of the item broken + 100% cost of the item, as fine.
VI. Arrangements at the time of Vacation:-
1. All hostel students will vacate their rooms before proceeding on summer vacation.
2. A separate cloak room will be made available to keep their belongings while proceeding on vacation. Personal belongings should be placed inside locked suitcases, trunks / boxes which should bear complete details of the student. The items kept inside the room will be entered in the note book kept by the hostel superintendent.
3. Students should return to the hostels a day before commencement of classes for the next semester.
4. In case a student wants to vacate the hostel, parent's approval is mandatory. However, Hostel fee is not refundable and balance fee will be recovered.
VII. Ambulance facility:-
1. 24 Hours Ambulance services are available in the Hostel premises for any emergency.